Do You Really Need to Warm Up for Muscle-Ups?
If you truly want to succeed at the skill you are training or working towards, you SHOULD warm up. It’ll ensure you execute your training session with as much control as possible, resulting in maximum strength gains.
7 Reasons to Warm up for Muscle-Ups
- Improved scapular control
- Improved scapular mobility
- Increased body awareness
- Primes your body for the movement pattern
- Improves grip strength
- Reduces the chance of injury
- Helps you focus on the workout
Best Warm Up for Muscle-Ups
1. Arm Circles 10-20 reps in both directions
2. Hanging Twists 10 reps
3. Scap Pulls 10-15 reps, 2 sets
4. Single Arm Scap Pulls 6-8 reps
Beginner option: Assisted single arm scap pulls
5. Front Lever Raises 6-8 reps
6. Straight Bar Scap Shrugs 10 reps
7. Knee Drive Straight Bar Dips 10 reps
Get Your First Muscle-Up
Can Girls do Muscle-Ups?
Yes! Of course, they can – if they want to, that is. I hope I can be an inspiration to all women learning how to muscle-up.